- As part of the 2021 Peoples Pixel Project, art critic David Brickman has selected me & my collaborator Laura Frare and our video/poems to be included in one of the P3: Conversations, a ZOOM interview event scheduled for Thursday, May 13th at 7pm. Brickman will host as moderator and four artists from the exhibit will be included in this public talk.
- The 2021 Peoples Pixel Project Jury has chosen two of my collaborative video/poems made with filmmaker Laura Frare as Top Submissions:
Five Easy Pieces, is a Top 21 Submission and Nightjar, is a Top 21 Submission & 2021 Honorable Mention Award Winner. The works are currently featured on the LGAP website.
- Delighted to read with friends at Caffe Lena, 7pm Wednesday May 5, 2021: Mary Kathryn Jablonski, Mary Cuffe Perez, and Will Nixon (pictured left to right). If you’d like to be part of the small, in person audience, visit Caffe Lena Poetry on FB for tickets. Audience size is limited and coronavirus protocols will be followed at the Caffe. Lena’s will also be streaming the event live on Facebook & YouTube. Watch the archived reading here.
- Look for “Death in Winter” a BRAND NEW video/poem I made with filmmaker Laura Frare, forthcoming at Atticus Review.
- Final Presentation for 2020 Individual Artist Grant in Poetry has been extended into 2021.* The video/poem “chapbook” for screening at the Saratoga Springs Public Library, originally scheduled for FALL 2020, has been rescheduled for September 23rd, 2021. Save the date! My collaborator filmmaker Laura Frare & I continue to work diligently on the project. *Saratoga Arts made this program possible with an Individual Artist Grant funded by the New York State Council on the Arts with the support of Governor Andrew M. Cuomo and the New York State Legislature.
- ONLINE INTERVIEW (January 2021) titled “Poets on Craft” for Cultural Weekly, a project of Next Echo Foundation, as hosted by author Bunkong Tuon. Poet Jay Rogoff also appears in this edition with me.
- Mary Kathryn Jablonski named winner of the Lake George Arts Project P3: Peoples Pixel Project Logo Design Contest, December 30th, 2020. Juror’s statement included: “Mary’s design not only captured the essence of the program, but also wove seamlessly into the look and feel of The Arts Project. The composition and flexibility of her logo, too, allows us to use it in multiple ways.”
- Look for two of my poems in the current issue of BLUELINE MAGAZINE, Issue 41, July 2020: “Route 29” & “Minor Mischief.”
- Look for my poem: “Imagined Letter to a Prisoner Durning a Pandemic” in the JULY 2020 Issue of Chronogram Magazine. Thanks to Poetry Editor Phillip Levine.
- Awarded a 2020 Individual Artist Grant in Poetry* to make a video/poem “chapbook” for screening at the Saratoga Springs Public Library this FALL, a collaborative project with filmmaker Laura Frare. *Saratoga Arts made this program possible with an Individual Artist Grant funded by the New York State Council on the Arts with the support of Governor Andrew M. Cuomo and the New York State Legislature. Look for ongoing updates here!
- Look for 5 of my poems including: “Willing the Sugar House,” “Disenchanted,” “Gretel Wounded,” “Gretel Remorseful,” AND “Gretel Surrenders,” just published in Issue #9 of CROSSWAYS MAGAZINE out of IRELAND. My gratitude to Editor David Jordan.
- Look for the poem “Mare Frigoris” (“Sea of Coldness”) by Mary Kathryn Jablonski,
featured on VERSE DAILY!
- PODCAST at POETRY SPOKEN HERE:
A reading and interview with Mary Kathryn Jablonski; host, Charlie Rossiter (Episode #097)