Tupelo Quarterly Archive
Tupelo Quarterly is an online literary/arts journal
- As Senior Editor in Visual Arts at Tupelo Quarterly, an online literary/arts journal, I recently published features in TQ31 about three artists three artists – celebrating Water, Earth, and Sky. View ceramic artist Courtney Mattison’s large scale coral reefs, Jenny Hutchinson’s colored pencil and mixed media works of trees, and Allen Grindle’s woodcuts and linocuts of birds.
- I recently published features in TQ30 about these three artists who use photography as a meditative medium: naturalist Jacqueline Donnelly, Nina Shengold, who has written a “Book of Days,” and images & an interview with travelin’ man Joseph Deuel, who also happens to be the soundman at historic Caffè Lena.
- I recently published features in TQ29 about these three artists who create works with words: Michelle Bowen, Sally Eckhoff, and a preview of brand new “illustrated poem-stories” by Nance Van Winkel with an interview.
- I recently published features in TQ28 about these three artists who create MANDALAS or tondos, each with international connections: Lynne Browne (including an interview), Francelise Dawkins, and Willie Marlowe.
- I recently published features about these three environmentally engaged artists: JoAnn Axford, Katie DeGroot (with interview), and Anna Kaye in TQ27.
- I am delighted to have recently been named a Senior Editor in Visual Arts at Tupelo Quarterly, an online literary/arts journal. Look for my features about artists: Gina Occhiogrosso, Laura Von Rosk, and Deborah Zlotsky in TQ26!
Numéro Cinq Archive
Here’s an archive of essays I’ve written and/or curated as a past contributor to Numéro Cinq online magazine (Douglas Glover, Editor-in-Chief)… these include:
A Book Review
In the Orbit of Venus: A Review of Jay Rogoff’s Venera
Curated Art & Interviews
Strangers in a Strange Land: Lynne M. Browne Photographs & Interview
The eye, the hand, the picture plane: Sean Riley Art & Interview
Art as an Antidote to Doubt: Diane Burko Interview & Images
Radical Amazement: Art & Thought of Paul Sattler
Ignore Alien Orders: Michael Oatman Art & Interview
Considering Plasticity: Art — Victoria Palermo
Going Home: Art & Essay By Bruno LaVerdiere
Cariatide de Papier: Watercolor Diary by Anne Francey
Manipulatives: Letter Press Art & Interview with Terry Conrad
Methodical, Intentional, Mechanical | Adam Daily Art & Interview
The Grand Design: Paintings of John Hampshire | Art & Text
Ode to Meaning, or The Joyful Apocalypse: The Art of Josh Dorman | Art & Interview