Tupelo Quarterly Archive
Tupelo Quarterly is an online literary/arts journal
- As a Senior Editor in Visual Arts at Tupelo Quarterly, an online literary/arts journal, I recently published features in TQ30 about these three artists who use photography as a meditative medium: naturalist Jacqueline Donnelly, Nina Shengold, who has written a “Book of Days,” and images & an interview with travelin’ man Joseph Deuel, who also happens to be the soundman at historic Caffè Lena.
- I recently published features in TQ29 about these three artists who create works with words: Michelle Bowen, Sally Eckhoff, and a preview of brand new “illustrated poem-stories” by Nance Van Winkel with an interview.
- I recently published features in TQ28 about these three artists who create MANDALAS or tondos, each with international connections: Lynne Browne (including an interview), Francelise Dawkins, and Willie Marlowe.
- I recently published features about these three environmentally engaged artists: JoAnn Axford, Katie DeGroot (with interview), and Anna Kaye in TQ27.
- I am delighted to have recently been named a Senior Editor in Visual Arts at Tupelo Quarterly, an online literary/arts journal. Look for my features about artists: Gina Occhiogrosso, Laura Von Rosk, and Deborah Zlotsky in TQ26!
Numéro Cinq Archive
Here’s an archive of essays I’ve written and/or curated as a past contributor to Numéro Cinq online magazine (Douglas Glover, Editor-in-Chief)… these include:
A Book Review
In the Orbit of Venus: A Review of Jay Rogoff’s Venera
Curated Art & Interviews
Strangers in a Strange Land: Lynne M. Browne Photographs & Interview
The eye, the hand, the picture plane: Sean Riley Art & Interview
Art as an Antidote to Doubt: Diane Burko Interview & Images
Radical Amazement: Art & Thought of Paul Sattler
Ignore Alien Orders: Michael Oatman Art & Interview
Considering Plasticity: Art — Victoria Palermo
Going Home: Art & Essay By Bruno LaVerdiere
Cariatide de Papier: Watercolor Diary by Anne Francey
Manipulatives: Letter Press Art & Interview with Terry Conrad
Methodical, Intentional, Mechanical | Adam Daily Art & Interview
The Grand Design: Paintings of John Hampshire | Art & Text
Ode to Meaning, or The Joyful Apocalypse: The Art of Josh Dorman | Art & Interview